What you give is what you get
What you give is what you get………of course, we have heard this a million times before. It is time-tested, proven and have been passed on as wisdom talk through generations.
C’mon, I am not here to discuss of such a situation where you send out abundant portions of your piece of mind to fellow beings with profanities and get tons of the same thing back in return on a fine winter morning…….:):)……don’t tell me you were thinking in that line. 🙂
What I am talking about is from my own experiences lately, in the blogging world, from the blogging perspective.
There is a bombardment of information and advice on the various aspects of blogging freely floating in the online world, which can sometime become very over whelming and outright confusing. The same thing I have experienced not so long ago even while in the initial days of the introduction to my self hosting attempts 🙂
Trust me, out of this utter confusion, I have realised something very fundamental to the success of any blog by anyone, and that very something is my today’s discussion topic.
Now let’s get back to the topic.
What you give out comes back….
For me what is comfortable and clicking is just two very basic things.
- You write what you want to. You create the content which is to your liking, your passions, your interests, or whatever else you want to express about. And, that you simply want to write. It doesn’t depend on anyone or anything which forces you to do so. It comes from within you. And you develop your content and make it good to count.
- And then, since you don’t want to be or can’t be the lone star in the blogging world, you want your blog to be read, seen, experienced, and felt for……trust me, we all want that. I too want the same, that I can share with everyone what I am feeling at any given moment of time. And that’s where it comes how am I doing in the giving part. Because, many things depend on it. The success of the blog depends on it.
So, why will your blog be read and visited ?….I realised the answer to that through practical experiences……through give and get….:)
Even before any idea comes to the mind to write or create anything, I spend an ample amount of my time giving my attention to fellow bloggers and writers and their creation. By going through posts, at random, or else. Trust me, this opens up so many different avenues and doors to our knowledge building process.
I regularly come across great blogs, outstanding in everything, from the look and feel, to the content, to the sharing initiatives, to the introduction page and the entire gamut of things which make any blog stand out from the rest. I love reading regularly these and other creations of fellow bloggers and writers.
And, make sure I try to give my honest opinions and my appreciation wherever and whenever my heart says so. This is what I am trying to mean by What you Give………it’s your attention, your time, your energy to go out there, to let your friends, well wishers and everyone in the blogging world know that you care…..about the painstaking effort they are giving in creating whatever they are.
I love to read as much as I love creating content on my blog. And as much I read and discover newer material, I give my appreciation genuinely, and comment whatever and wherever I want to comment. And you know what this gives back, much more appreciation and attention to your own creations from all quarters even when you are not expecting any.
Don’t think it’s a tit for tat kind of phenomenon, ultimately the right appreciation for creative and honest content always attracts much more people to come back to you and give an encouraging pat on your back.
And giving counts…..
Read as much as you can. Spend ample amount of time only on going through your fellow bloggers’ creations generally the ones you follow and there you can get the links of so many other new bloggers and their blogs, and that leads to further treasure boxes of materials to enjoy. And this goes on.
This is really working for me to my liking. Though sometimes I find it hard to take the time out and read much more content available almost every minute, but still I ensure to quench my reading thirsts adequately.
So, how can you give out your love to the blogs of fellow creators……
- Read the creations…….make it a habit.
- If you like the posts, don’t forget to show it, by clicking the right buttons.
- Do say something to the person whose post you just liked. Conversations create connections, It’s a lonely world out there folks, make the connections.
- It’s always nice to share and be shared…..so share the posts you like of your fellow bloggers…..there are so many different ways you can do so.
- Try to provide the links of your favorite fellow blogger posts in your own creation, that’s a nice gesture, and that builds the connections and strengthen them.
- Try to highlight bloggers by introducing them[even if they don’t need your introduction, since many of them will be astronomically bigger than you] in your blogs…….this is showing respect…..again to build much larger connections.
- And lastly, as part of sharing, reblog them whenever you can…….that’s always a nice surprise you can give to your fellow bloggers.
I am not aiming to have 100 likes or 100 follows a day…..I have never set unrealistic goals for me in anything……but a slow and steady approach by giving consistently will ensure much higher returns. Nice, positive approach, showing appreciation, smile, praising, sharing………..all these lead to something very important……increase in the liking factor, it’s always give and get. And the more you give, the more you get 🙂
It’s all about reaching out by taking initiatives……nothing works better than that.
It’s the community in which bloggers will thrive. That community becomes the biggest team that one should be part of, and reciprocate in every way in the creative process.That’s what I am experiencing too……and so will you 🙂