The Three S’s of my blogging journey
You might be wondering what do I mean by S’s in my heading above, and what relevance it has with blogging. While I decided to write this post specially for all my new and upcoming fellow bloggers who are just starting up, this post, like my previous posts on Blogging too, will provide few valuable insights to all our community members and dear friends in this blogging journey. And folks, this one is from my own personal experiences and the path I follow generally these days. It might be different for every blogger and each one has their own unique methodology in terms of blogging experience.
So, my three S’s are Sharing, Sharing and Sharing :). Blogging according to me is all about sharing and helping and supporting the community on day in day out basis. And there’s no shortcut or any other way to that, I believe strongly, and I am experiencing it on a regular basis. And sharing will be my premise of discussion here too 🙂
First of Three
I have discussed about Sharing and supporting each other in my previous post which you can very well refer here. No matter what is the state of your blog in terms of niche, size, age, number of followers or exposure, you will agree with me that the basic reason we all love to blog is first, we love to create and express ourselves through our blogs, and second, most importantly, we love to share our thoughts with the rest of the world, and thus sharing, hand holding, supporting each other in this vast world of blogging becomes very essential. And since we are almost all on social media these days, sharing becomes even more accessible easily. And that’s where Guest Blogging comes into play. Guest blogging is simply to write your content on someone else’s blog. You can request fellow bloggers either to submit your content to their site or request to accept their contents on your site. Either way, this is Sharing at it’s best.
For newcomers and also for bloggers in general, who are trying to get a little more exposure to their content and want more and more audience to hear them, can search out Self Hosted sites for guest posting, or sites which are under Premium Business Plans. Every blogger has their contact information on their site, where you can place your request to guest post on their site. Even you can submit your content in the Submission section of such blogs and request for getting published. Once you get published on other blogs as well, your content reaches more and more readers outside your own community. And that is a wonderful experience trust me, to get noticed and recognized. I accept guest posting and request all my fellow bloggers to submit their content so that I can share them with my community as well as theirs. I already have two very talented Bloggers guest posted on my blog and I am very happy to have shared their creations. You should all do the same 🙂
Second of Three
When we talk of sharing, we all know the importance of social media platforms as perfect tools for sharing and showing our support for all of us. While Twitter, Facebook, Instagram are all their own league, today I will shade some light on Pinterest, since I am getting immense help from Pinterest in sharing my content as well as supporting and sharing others’ content. This is particularly for all our new friends in the world of blogging, please use Pinterest to your best. Here’s how it goes.
- Pinterest are free boards where you can pin your blog posts like posters and leave them for the world of bloggers to see. If they click your pins, which majority will do, they will definitely visit your site.
- First you create your Pinterest account, it’s quite easy. It is wise to get the Business account, it’s free.
- Create your Boards, as per your blog categories, each board for each category and one board for your entire blog.
4. Start pinning your posts from your site[you must have social media sharing icons activated] to your Pinterest Boards.
5. Follow your fellow Bloggers on Pinterest[from their social media links on their sites], invite them to collaborate on your boards.
6. Once you start following other bloggers, you will find Group Boards, where there will be multiple bloggers connected in a single board. Try to request several of such boards to accept you as a member. Every board has instructions on how to join.
7. Remember, it’s all about sharing, so Pin your fellow bloggers’ posts more than you pin yours. You will surely have much wider exposure to your content by being active on Pinterest regularly.
8. You can join my boards. I will surely help your posts to get more exposure to the larger community I am part of.
Blogging is a collective affair. Every blogger has their unique characteristics, and unique are their creations, but I strongly believe that it is impossible to survive without being part of a community and fostering fellow feeling and team work. Maybe my many years of Corporate exposure and training has imbibed the same naturally, but even then, I cannot survive in the blogging world being alone, neither can you. Therefore it becomes imperative to continue our sharing initiatives to be part of Groups, and here I am talking about Facebook Groups. My being part of many such groups has immensely helped me to reach a much wider audience with my content, as I am having the privilege and wonderful experience to come to know such brilliant bloggers and their creations.
You can join one such Facebook Group of which I am an active member and enjoy to come to know many new friends and fellow bloggers. Few things to remember when being part of such groups is that there are some rules and restrictions as defined in each group by their admins, to be respected and abide by all means. These groups help us in several ways, and we must reciprocate by sharing, supporting, promoting fellow bloggers. Remember I had said in one of my earlier posts, that, the more you give, the more you get, it’s very true 🙂 Spread love, spread creative excellence, share ideas, respond to queries and comments, share likes, and always be part of the community. That’s the sure way of getting successful in your blogging journey.