Yes, blogging is real fun until………….crash, boom, bang………….or is it ? :):)…………..well, this is my personal take on my experiences with my blogging journey so far……….hope my sharing here will provide some useful insights to fellow bloggers who have just started out or are about to start……….
How it all started
Like many writers and bloggers, I too had this unavoidable urge inside to write, besides being a banker by profession and having so many other interests. And I always wanted to start blogging, to have a perfect blog of my own which can express whatever I wanted to write about.
Ok…..so it’s the wanting to start your own blog is something which drives you initially…….this “want to write” has to be something which has to come from inside to make the process fun and appealing.
And after you are dead sure that it’s blogging you wanna do, the real fun starts…..:):)……………and it comes in the form of a cube which you want to solve at any cost, by twisting, twirling or whatever way you want……….starting a blog of your own…..:)
Wow, I was over whelmed when I first tried to start the blog, I hope everybody is……..but I was real excited…..trust me, I still am…..:)
And yes, my fun started with finding out the right hosts, platforms and all the other technical aspects to give the blog the shape I wanted to…….there are already so much information in the online world, that one can get easily confused about what is the right combination that works for you……..and nothing’s more important than your own satisfaction, you have to like the looks of your blog before anybody does………and if you are sure about that one, you are in…….you have the magic key……:)
And after much experimentation with my own senses, with the help of the available information, I successfully started my blog………….I had actually solved just one part of the puzzle.
The creative process
So you have named your blog, you have selected your host and the platform…….you will do some creative research in your head and again in the online world to find out what will be your blog’s theme, because i have learnt the hard way that an appealing yet elegant theme is much essential for you to keep interested in your writing process…….and also for your blog visitors and fellows and friends to keep coming back to see what you are upto………the theme you choose reflects you, almost in most cases…….:)……….so choosing that is fun, ain’t it ?…
Once that part is over, then the biggest creative activity will start……..and that’s where the initial fun and excitement can take some real unexpected turns if we are not mindful………..and here also I am going through my own learning process. Let me explain……:)
This biggest creative activity is finding the content you wish to write and share with the rest of the blogging world. Yes, the most interesting and important part of your journey is to find relevant content which you will require for your blog………….nobody wants to see a blog with nothing of substance in it, right ?
This is most common that we sometimes struggle to find content ideas on a regular basis and gradually discover that the fun factor has taken a heavy beating and that we are always left with scratching our heads. I know it happens with you too…..:)
If you have enough material to write and always find content which are close to your artistic senses, then its real good and great news……….but if you struggle to find ideas, then what ?
Trust me, on many days, I go through this struggle to create ideas for those relevant contents in my mind……..and these following questions haunt me very often……
- Who am I writing for ?
- Is my blog attractive enough?
- Am I creating the content relevant to my blog and my target audience?
- Do my content contain the correct informations…….taken from reliable sources?
- Am I being able to find the correct titles for my content ?
- Are my contents becoming boring with only factual text-based information ?
- Am I forgetting the fact that visual posts appeal much more to everybody reading them ?
- Am I proof reading every post and carefully re checking them before publishing ?
- Am I careful enough to maintain a standard length of my posts so that they are comfortable to read ?
- And, lastly, am I happy writing what I am really churning out every day ?
These are all very relevant questions which puts us in very serious fact-finding mode all the times, and makes us wonder when was blogging all fun……? :):)
To find the answers to these questions, first we must accept that these are important things to be kept under control while carrying on blogging. Then we can take help from various sources and that has to be purely experimental in nature as there will always be a never-ending stream of materials flowing to you, so you will have to find out what works best for you. You have to take the ownership of your blog and make it happen.
And even before you start feeling the fun factor fizzing out, proper steps must be taken if you wish to carry on blogging for a long period in the future, which I think is exactly what we embark upon this journey for in the first place………and the fun must be brought back……:)
Finally the way out to face the challenges
Here are some of my personal ways to answer all the questions above, while you can and must devise your own plans suited best to you to find the answers for the same.
- I don’t follow any target audience concept as such……..I am happy with people in general finding something interesting in my blog to follow since I write on random subjects…….with music in primary preference.
- Well, I try to experiment with my themes, widgets, visual elements in my posts to the best of my liking and style and it’s a constant changing process……it cannot be stagnant for me.
- Since my blog is my personal journal writing about random topics, yes, I am constantly trying to find relevant topics for the general audience………you will have to find out the same for your blog.
- Yes, this is important……any information I am giving which are factual in nature, I make myself doubly sure that I am picking them from right and reliable sources, so that I don’t become questionable for providing fictitious data.
- This is one area which has troubled me a lot, quite honestly, and then again, I have tried to find solutions by applying my creative mind to come up with titles relevant to my posts. Still I take help from some sources online, one such for me is How to come up with Great Ideas. And again, you have to find out what works best for you.
- I try to make my posts appealing by using lots of visual media, including audio and videos…….and trust me, they speak much more than your written words………….so use them in abundance and to your liking……have fun….:)
- Almost the similar response like the previous one.
- Yes, this one I am particular about…..checking and re-checking the post before publishing……..once again key is your satisfaction in reading what you have produced…..so don’t ignore it.
- Generally I try to keep my posts within the 800-2000 range, which is standard…….but you have to decide the range according to the nature of your posts……..there is no need to follow any fixed norms regarding this.
- Yes…..I have to be happy and satisfied with what I am writing……and this must be the end word with you too……don’t post anything out of obligation or desperation…….post whatever you want to, or like to.
Well, hope I have been able to give you a small perspective of my take on this very vast subject called blogging, which will be helpful to you……………and trust me folks, blogging is real fun despite it’s challenges.
In the end, just remember, in this world we cannot do anything substantial alone……there has to be a community of which we should be part of to achieve things collectively…..in blogging it is an absolute necessity…….:)….happy blogging.
All Pic courtesy : Stocksnap